Now on to my favourite part of this army, the Solos:
Commander, Jack Marshal, Coordinated Strike (This model and the jack it controls ignores Dawnguard for LOS and can move through them), Drive: Reroll (Warjack and reroll one attack), Flank, Iron Sentinel (+2 Arm when B2B with faction warjack), Reach.
- The griffon was made for this guy. The two of them are going to pair up incredibly well, especially given his drive (again, rerolls are fantastic). But then you tack on +2 ARM in B2B and flank and we have a very solid combo. Almost like having our own lesser warcaster.
Concetrated Power – RNG 5 targe warjack gets +2 to melee damage rolls.
Power Booster – RNG 5 if jack has no focus it gains 1 focus. If it was disrupted it is no longer disrupted.
Repair – D6 damage.
- Repair is good. Getting rid of disruption is good. A free focus for a jack that has none is good. +2 to damage is good. FA 2 is good. 2 points is good. And he has a huge frakking wrench for a weapon. What is there not to love about this guy. Sure, he's gonna be squishy, but really do you care? By the time he gets turned into fine elven paste you should be on you assassination run. In fact, you run should be over before he dies.
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen
Dragoon, Rapid Strike (one additional attack), Righteous Fury (+2 arm when friendly faction models within command are destroyed), Magic Weapon, Reach, Weapon Master, Blessed.
- I love this guy. Two weapon master attacks on a Blessed, reach weapon is nice, combined with tall in the saddle, this guy is a great solo/UA hunter. Righteous fury just helps him hit harder and survive longer. A nice character model for us, and hopefully a really nice model.
AD, Fearless, Stealth, Souless, Arcane Annihilation (when it destroys a model, enemy models within 8″ lose focus and fury points and cannot cast spells, channel or use animi), Spell Ward. Magic Weapon, Reach.
- Holy disruption grenade. Well, not really a grenade, more a land mine. Your opponent has to pop Nayl for Arcane Annihilation to go off, so they can work around it. Against hordes the removal of all fury within 8" will hurt them more than machine players as they'll be gimped the following turn too. Otherwise, he's a nice solo, we just need to see what his P+S is.
Mage Hunter Assassin
AD, Pathfinder, Stealth, Arcane Assassin, Weapon Master, Chain Strike (4″ melee during activation), Chain Weapon, Decapitation (Damage is double, no tough roll)
- She has SPD 7, so that is a 14" threat range with arcane assassin so she ignores any DEF/ARM buffs and Weapon Master and Decapitation. Wow, I know that she is going to die to a stiff breeze, but the sheer amount of terror she will cause you opponent by her merely being on the table will be more than worth it. There is also a way to get 6 of the in a 35 point list, which I'll cover in another post.
Pathfinder, Stealth, Camouflage, Swift Hunter (elylyth), Deadly Shot (like snipe but 3 points of damage)
- Auto 3 damage is really nice. Swift hunter means that he can move out of cover, pop off a shot, and then move back to avoid retalliation. Plus, the model just rocks.
House of Shyeel Magister
Magic Ability 7, Force Bolt – POW 10 RNG 10 pushes D3″, Whip Snap – RNG 6 POW 12 friend model within 3″ can advance up to 3″, Beat Back, Combo Smite
- MITTENS. Like his battle mage brothers, its going to be hard to tell just how good he is due to the fact that I don't know his raw stats. But looking at the spoiler he continues our ability to move our enemies to where we want them. Beat back twice, and then combo smite for another D3" on a heavy (D6 on anyone else) will give us an average of 4"(5") at the end with is better than just combo smiting for distance.
Dawnguard Destor Than (cav solo)
Commander, Gunfighter, Unyeilding, Virtuoso (Holt), Mulit-fire (like esorsha’s gun)
- Yes, we get a cav solo that can shoot up to 3 times, in combat and the attack with his melee weapon if anything is still alive.
The solos are what really push this army into craziness. Like our units, most of our solos don't require any additional support, you can trust them to get their job done. Now all we are really waiting for is the models to be previewed.
Let me know what you guys think about our revealed units.